- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 4 pork leg steaks
- 100g fried noodles
- 5 shallots, ends trimmed, thinly sliced diagonally
- 1 cup baby wombok (Chinese cabbage), finely shredded
- 1 cup fresh coriander leaves
- 1 red capsicum, halved, deseeded, thinly sliced
- 125ml (1/2 cup) bought satay sauce
- Step 1Place the sesame seeds in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-low heat, and cook, tossing, for 2 minutes oruntil toasted. Transfer to a plate.
- Step 2Heat oil in the pan over medium heat. Cook pork for 3-4 minutes each side for medium or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate. Cover with foil. Set aside for 5 minutes to rest. Thickly slice.
- Step 3Combine the pork, noodles, shallot, wombok, coriander and capsicum in a bowl. Divide among serving dishes. Drizzle over the sauce. Sprinkle with sesame seeds to serve.
- High protein
- Low carb
- Low kilojoule
- Low sugar
With a twist: Sweet chilli tofu & crispy noodle salad: Replace the pork steaks with a 300g pkt firm tofu, thickly sliced. Replace the satay sauce with sweet chilli sauce.
- Author: Heidi Flett
- Image credit: Rob Palmer
- Publication: Australian Good Taste