- 1/4 cup satay sauce
- 2 1/2 tablespoons lime juice
- 600g beef rump steak
- 3 Lebanese cucumbers
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander leaves
- 1 long red chilli, halved, deseeded, thinly sliced
- Step 1Combine satay sauce, 1 tablespoon lime juice and 1 tablespoon cold water in a glass or ceramic dish. Add beef. Turn to coat. Cover. Refrigerate for 30 minutes, if time permits.
- Step 2Using a vegetable peeler, cut cucumbers into ribbons. Place cucumber, coriander, chilli and remaining lime juice in a bowl. Toss to combine.
- Step 3Heat a greased barbecue plate or chargrill over medium-high heat. Cook beef for 3 to 4 minutes each side for medium or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate. Cover. Set aside for 5 minutes to rest. Thinly slice.
- Step 4Serve beef with cucumber mixture.
- High protein
- Low carb
- Low kilojoule
- Low sodium
- Low sugar
To serve: Steamed jasmine rice and lime wedges.
Budget tip: Use ‘budget’ rump steak and save around $3.62 in total.
- Author: Jenny Fanshaw
- Image credit: Ben Dearnley
- Publication: Super Food Ideas