- 1 iceberg lettuce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced diagonally
- 500g pork mince
- 1 small carrot, peeled, grated
- 1 zucchini, grated
- 1 small red capsicum, deseeded, finely diced
- 125g can corn kernels, drained
- 1/3 cup oyster sauce
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- Step 1With core of lettuce facing down, bang core on a flat surface. This will make it easy to remove whole core by twisting and pulling out. Remove damaged outer leaves. Discard. Separate leaves and place in a large bowl of icy cold water. Refrigerate until required.
- Step 2Heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add green onions. Cook for 1 minute. Increase heat to high. Add pork. Cook, stirring, for 4 minutes or until browned.
- Step 3Add carrot, zucchini, capsicum and corn. Stir well. Combine oyster sauce and tomato sauce in a jug. Add to mince mixture. Stir well. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat. Simmer for 2 minutes.
- Step 4Drain lettuce leaves. Pat dry with paper towel. Place lettuce cups on a platter. Spoon mince mixture into lettuce cups. Serve
- High protein
- Low carb
- Low kilojoule
- Lower gi
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Dixie Elliott
- Image credit: Mark O'Meara
- Publication: Super Food Ideas