- 1/4 cup rice flour
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose spicy seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 8 (1kg) pork spare ribs, cut into 5cm lengths
- Peanut oil, for shallow-frying
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Thinly sliced green onions, to serve
- Step 1Combine flour, seasoning and pepper in a large bowl. Add pork. Toss to coat.
- Step 2Heat oil in a deep frying pan over medium heat. Cook pork, in batches, for 3 to 4 minutes each side or until browned and cooked through (oil will spit).
- Step 3Meanwhile, combine soy sauce and lemon juice in a bowl. Top pork with onion. Serve with soy sauce mixture.
- Low carb
- Low kilojoule
All-purpose spicy seasoning is available from the herbs and spices section of the supermarket.
- Author: Kim Coverdale
- Image credit: Armelle Habib
- Publication: Super Food Ideas