- 2 x 270g packets frozen Atlantic salmon provencale
- 450g packet microwave long grain white rice
- 200g mini roma tomatoes, halved lengthways
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, diced
- 1/2 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 2/3 cup crumbled Greek feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- Step 1Cook fish following packet directions.
- Step 2Meanwhile, cook rice following packet directions. Place rice in a large bowl. Using a fork, stir to separate grains. Set aside for 5 minutes to cool. Add tomato, cucumber, parsley, onion and feta. Drizzle with lemon juice and oil. Season with salt and pepper. Toss to combine.
- Step 3Serve salmon with rice salad and lemon wedges.
- Low carb
- Low sugar
- Lower gi
Use 4 fresh salmon fillets sprinkled with 2 teaspoons mixed herbs instead of salmon provencale and save around $3.34 in total.
- Author: Annette Forrest
- Image credit: Jeremy Simons
- Publication: Super Food Ideas