- 2 carrots, peeled, cut into matchsticks
- 1 leek, pale section only, cut into matchsticks
- 1 baby fennel, finely shaved, fronds reserved
- 4 (about 120g each) salmon fillets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon baby capers
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- Mixed salad leaves, to serve
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- Step 1Preheat oven to 200C. Combine the carrot, leek and fennel in a large bowl and season.
- Step 2Cut four 40cm pieces of baking paper. Fold each piece of paper in half, then cut into a heart shape and open out.
- Step 3Place one-quarter of the carrot mixture on one half of each piece of paper. Top with salmon fillets. Season. Drizzle with oil and lemon juice.
- Step 4Fold the paper over to enclose the filling. Starting from one end, crimp and fold along the open edge to form a seal. Place the parcels on 2 baking trays.
- Step 5Bake, swapping trays halfway through cooking, for 12 mins or until the parcels puff up from the steam and the salmon is just cooked through.
- Step 6Meanwhile, combine capers, lemon zest and reserved fennel fronds in a bowl.
- Step 7Place the salmon parcels on serving plates. Open the paper and sprinkle the salmon with the fennel frond mixture. Serve immediately with salad leaves and lemon wedges.
- Low carb
- Low kilojoule
- Low sodium
- Low sugar
- Lower gi
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: (N/A)
- Image credit: (N/A)
- Publication: Coles