- 2 x 200g pieces skinless salmon, deboned
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 lemons, zested
- 400g can chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- 125g fresh ricotta, crumbled into 3cm pieces
- 2 tablespoons coriander leaves, plus extra, to serve
- Step 1Brush fish with 1 tablespoon oil and season with salt and pepper. Heat a heavy-based, 26cm frying pan over high heat and cook fish for 1 minute each side or until medium-rare. Transfer to a plate. Wipe pan clean with paper towel and reserve.
- Step 2Place eggs, cumin, garlic and lemon zest in a bowl and whisk to combine. Season. Stir in the chickpeas, then add ricotta and 2 tablespoons coriander leaves and stir gently to combine.
- Step 3Heat reserved pan over high heat. Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil and swirl pan to coat base and side. Pour in egg mixture, reduce heat to low–medium and cook for 10 minutes or until almost cooked.
- Step 4Meanwhile, preheat grill to high. Flake fish into large pieces, then tuck into the top of the frittata. Place pan under the grill and grill frittata for 5 minutes or until just set.
- Step 5Scatter with extra coriander leaves and serve immediately in the pan.
- Low carb
- Low sugar
- Lower gi
Tip: For a pumpkin, chickpea and spinach frittata, omit fish and toss 1/2 butternut pumpkin, peeled, seeded, cut into 1cm cubes, with 60ml olive oil and season. Heat a large, heavy-based frying pan over high heat and cook for 10 minutes or until tender. Add 1 cup baby spinach and toss for 1 minute or until wilted. Add vegetable mixture to frittata in step 3.
- Author: Sophia Young
- Image credit: Brett Stevens
- Publication: MasterChef