- 2 x 10g sachets instant dashi stock powder (see note)
- 1/3 cup (80ml) soy sauce
- 1/4 cup (60ml) mirin (see note) (Japanese cooking wine)
- 270g pkt buckwheat noodles
- 300g silken firm tofu, cut into 2cm cubes
- 500g skinless salmon fillet, cut into 2cm cubes
- 200g snow peas, trimmed, thinly sliced
- Step 1Place stock, soy and mirin in a pan with 1.5 litres (6 cups) water. Stir to dissolve stock, then bring to the boil over high heat.
- Step 2Meanwhile, cook the noodles in a large pan of lightly salted boiling water for 4 minutes until al dente. Drain well, then divide among 4 bowls. Top with the tofu.
- Step 3Add the salmon to the stock and cook for 2 minutes until salmon is just opaque. Stir in snow peas. Divide the salmon and snow peas among bowls, then ladle the soup over and serve immediately.
Available from Asian food shops and selected supermarkets.
- Author: Louise Pickford
- Image credit: Ian Wallace
- Publication: Taste.com.au