- 400g linguine
- 3 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 skinless salmon fillets, pin-boned
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 small fresh red chilli, thinly sliced
- 2 avocados, halved, stones removed, peeled, coarsely chopped
- 50g (1/4 cup) drained capers, rinsed
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- Step 1Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of salted boiling water until al dente. Drain.
- Step 2Meanwhile, heat 2 teaspoons of oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook the salmon for 3-4 minutes each side or until it flakes easily when tested with a fork. Transfer to a plate. Cover to keep warm.
- Step 3Heat the remaining oil in the pan over medium heat. Cook the garlic and chilli, stirring, for 30 seconds or until aromatic.
- Step 4Coarsely flake the salmon. Add the salmon, chilli mixture, avocado, capers, lemon juice and lemon rind to the linguine. Toss to combine. Divide among serving bowls. Season with salt and pepper.
- Low carb
- Low sodium
- Low sugar
Buttery and slightly nutty, hass avocados are rich in flavour and loved for their smooth texture. Go beyond salads and add them to hot dishes, too.
- Author: Gemma Luongo
- Image credit: Rob Palmer
- Publication: Australian Good Taste