This hearty salad is a tasty combination of tender salmon, soba noodles and healthy greens.
- 3 (180g each) salmon fillets, skin removed
- 200g snow peas, trimmed, sliced diagonally
- 250g soba noodles (see note)
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 60g baby spinach leaves, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon salt-reduced soy sauce
- Step 1Preheat oven to 180°C. Place a large sheet of baking paper on a large, flat baking tray. Place all the fillets in the centre of baking paper. Fold paper to enclose salmon and tuck in edges. Bake for 5 minutes. Stand for 5 minutes.
- Step 2Meanwhile, bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil over high heat. Add snow peas and cook for 1 minute. Using a slotted spoon, transfer to a sieve. Refresh under cold water. Pat dry with paper towels. Place in a large bowl.
- Step 3Return water to the boil. Add noodles and cook for 4 to 5 minutes or until just tender. Drain. Rinse under warm water. Add to snow peas.
- Step 4Open paper parcels. Flake salmon into large chunks. Add to noodles with green onion and spinach. Combine canola oil, vinegar, sesame oil and soy sauce in a screw-top jar. Secure lid and shake well. Drizzle over salad. Toss to combine. Serve.
All nutrition values are per serve
Soba noodles are brown Japanese noodles made from buckwheat. Find them in the Asian section of the supermarket.
- Author: Tracy Rutherford
- Image credit: John Paul Urizar
- Publication: Super Food Ideas
Leave a Reply