- 10g butter
- 1 leek, trimmed, washed, thinly sliced
- 400g can pink salmon, drained, skin and bones removed, flaked
- 1/2 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh chives
- 16 sheets filo pastry
- Olive oil cooking spray
- Baby rocket, to serve
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- 1 1/2 cups warm milk
- 30g butter
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- Step 1Preheat oven to 200C/180C fan-forced. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Step 2Make bechamel sauce: Place milk in a microwave-safe jug. Microwave on HIGH (100%) for 1 minute or until warm.
- Step 3Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add flour. Cook, stirring, for 1 to 2 minutes or until mixture bubbles. Gradually stir in milk. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until sauce thickens. Season with salt and pepper.
- Step 4Make filo rolls: Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add leek. Cook, stirring, for 3 to 4 minutes or until leek has softened. Add bechamel sauce. Stir for 3 to 4 minutes or until heated through. Remove from heat. Stir in salmon, corn and chives. Season. Set aside for 10 minutes to cool.
- Step 5Place 1 sheet filo on a flat surface. Spray with oil. Top with 1 sheet filo. Repeat with 2 more sheets filo. Spoon 1/4 of the salmon mixture along one short end of filo stack. Fold in long ends and roll up to enclose filling and form a parcel.
- Step 6Place parcel on prepared tray, seam side down. Spray with oil. Season. Repeat with remaining filo and salmon mixture to make 4 parcels. Bake for 20 minutes or until pastry is golden. Serve with salad and lemon wedges.
- Low kilojoule
- Low sugar
- Lower gi
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Cathie Lonnie
- Image credit: Jeremy Simons, Al Richardson & Andrew Young
- Publication: Super Food Ideas