- 1 sheet (29 x 29cm) Pampas frozen ready-rolled shortcrust quiche pastry, just thawed
- 1 x 210g can red salmon, drained, flaked
- 100g (1/3 cup) cottage cheese
- 65g (1/4 cup) sour cream
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon rind
- 1 small red onion, halved, thinly sliced
- 1 small fennel bulb, ends trimmed, thinly sliced
- Sour cream, extra, to serve
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Step 1Preheat oven to 220°C. Line a large baking tray with non-stick baking paper. Place the pastry sheet on the lined tray.
- Step 2Combine the salmon, cottage cheese, sour cream and lemon rind in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Spread the salmon mixture over the pastry, leaving a 1cm border. Top the salmon mixture with the onion and fennel. Bake in oven for 10 minutes or until golden.
- Step 3Meanwhile, to make the cucumber salad, halve the cucumbers lengthways. Use a spoon to scoop out the seeds and discard. Thinly slice crossways. Combine cucumber, dill, lemon juice and olive oil in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Step 4Cut pastry into quarters. Divide among serving plates. Top with sour cream and serve with cucumber salad.
- Low carb
- Low kilojoule
- Low sugar
Tip: Use leftover shortcrust quiche pastry for quiches, flans, cheesecakes and other dessert bases.
- Author: Heidi Flett
- Image credit: Steve Brown
- Publication: Australian Good Taste