- 375g spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 500g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2/3 cup tomato puree
- 700g medium green prawns, peeled, deveined (tails intact)
- 1/3 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves, finely shredded
- 100g feta, crumbled
- Sliced ciabatta bread, to serve
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- Step 1Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water, following packet directions, until tender. Drain.
- Step 2Meanwhile, heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until softened. Add oregano and garlic. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until fragrant. Add tomatoes. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until just starting to soften. Add tomato purée and 1/2 cup cold water. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 5 to 7 minutes or until mixture forms a thick sauce.
- Step 3Add prawns. Season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 to 4 minutes or until prawns are just cooked through. Add pasta, parsley and half the fetta. Toss gently to combine. Top with remaining fetta. Serve with bread and lemon wedges.
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Liz Macri
- Image credit: Guy Bailey & Craig Wall
- Publication: Super Food Ideas