- 400g packet tomato medley mix
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon caster sugar
- 650g beef rump steak
- 30g salad leaves
- 1 cup firmly packed fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1/2 cup firmly packed fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup firmly packed fresh mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon drained capers
- 2 small gherkins, chopped
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Step 1Cut large tomatoes in half and leave smaller tomatoes whole. Place in a large shallow dish. Place oil, vinegar and sugar in a screw-top jar. Season with salt and pepper. Secure lid. Shake to combine. Add oil mixture to tomato mixture. Gently toss to combine. Set aside at room temperature for 20 minutes for flavours to develop.
- Step 2Meanwhile, make salsa verde: Place parsley, basil, mint, capers, gherkins and mustard in a food processor. Process until finely chopped. Transfer mixture to a bowl. Add vinegar, oil and 1 tablespoon cold water. Stir to combine.
- Step 3Grease a barbecue chargrill or chargrill pan. Heat on medium-high heat. Season steak with pepper. Cook steak for 4 to 5 minutes each side for medium or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate. Cover with foil. Stand for 5 minutes.
- Step 4Add salad leaves to tomato mixture. Toss to combine. Slice steak. Serve with salsa verde and tomato salad.
- High protein
- Low carb
- Low kilojoule
- Lower gi
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Claire Brookman
- Image credit: Ben Dearnley
- Publication: Super Food Ideas