- 230g (2 1/2 cups) dried farfalle pasta (bow-tie pasta)
- 150g Swiss brown mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh continental parsley
- 60ml (1/4 cup) olive oil
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 (about 200g each) veal loin cutlets
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary leaves
- Step 1Preheat grill on high. Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of salted boiling water following packet directions or until al dente. Rinse under cold running water. Drain well. Return to the pan with mushrooms, parsley and 1 1/2 tablespoons of the oil. Gently toss to combine. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Step 2Meanwhile, combine remaining oil and garlic in a small bowl. Brush over both sides of the veal cutlets. Place cutlets on a wire rack over a baking tray and sprinkle with half the rosemary. Cook under preheated grill for 4-5 minutes on one side. Turn and sprinkle with remaining rosemary and cook for a further 4-5 minutes or until brown and cooked to your liking. Serve veal cutlets with pasta salad.
- High protein
- Low carb
- Low sodium
- Low sugar
- Lower gi
Use the leftover parsley leaves in salads or tabouli. Use the pasta mixed with herbs as an accompaniment.
- Author: Jane Charlton
- Image credit: Mark O'Meara
- Publication: Australian Good Taste