Author Notes: Perfect with a cheese tray, a glass of wine or part of dessert. These crumbly shortbread come together in a few minutes and store wonderfully on the counter. I keep a bag in the freezer to pull out for snack-y dinner! —The Buttery Babe, Emily Kutchins Adler
Makes: 16 fingers
tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
cup all purpose flour
cup corn starch
teaspoon kosher salt
cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- Preheat the oven to 350* and line a sheet pan or small baking dish with aluminum foil.
- Put all of the dry ingredients in the bowl of your food processor and pulse 3 times to combine.
- Add the butter to the machine and let it run until the dough becomes a smooth paste, about 1 minute.
- Turn the dough out onto a board and knead to pick up any loose bits. Gently pat the dough into a 4″ x 6″ (approx.) rectangle. Slide into the oven and bake until very pale golden, about 20 minutes.
- While the shortbread is still warm, cut into 16 fingers. Let cool and enjoy!
Photo by Emily Adler