1819 kj Energy
28g Fat Total
9g Saturated Fat
5g Carbs (sugar)
5g Carbs (total)
Rosemary lamb on creamed spinachPrint Recipe
- 500g trussed cherry tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup (60ml) olive oil
- 2 (about 600g) lamb backstraps (eye of loin)
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped rosemary
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 500g frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 1/4 cup (60ml) thickened cream
- Pinch of freshly ground nutmeg
- Step 1Preheat oven to 160°C. Place tomatoes on an oven tray and drizzle with vinegar and 1 tablespoonful of oil. Season with salt and pepper. Roast in oven for 20 minutes or until tomatoes begin to collapse.
- Step 2Meanwhile, combine the lamb, rosemary and half the remaining oil in a large bowl and set aside for 10 minutes to develop the flavours.
- Step 3Heat a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the lamb and cook for 2-3 minutes each side for medium or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate and cover with foil. Set aside for 5 minutes to rest.
- Step 4Meanwhile, use your hands to squeeze excess liquid from spinach. Heat remaining oil in the pan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until soft. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute or until aromatic. Add spinach and cream and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until heated through and cream reduces slightly. Taste and season with salt and pepper. Spoon spinach among serving plates. Top with tomatoes and thickly sliced lamb.
Always squeeze excess water from defrosted spinach before cooking.
- Author: Sarah Hobbs
- Image credit: Amanda McLauchlan
- Publication: Notebook: