- 2 whole chickens
- 1 fresh long red chilli, deseeded, finely chopped
- 60ml (1/4 cup) fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 500g green beans, topped
- 80g baby spinach leaves
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- Step 1Preheat oven to 180°C. Place the chickens, breast-side down, on a clean work surface. Cut along either side of backbones. Discard backbones. Turn over chickens and open. Press to flatten.
- Step 2Rinse chickens under cold running water. Pat dry with paper towel. Place chickens, breast-side up, in a roasting pan. Combine chilli, lemon juice, lemon rind, rosemary and oil in a bowl. Pour the chilli mixture over chickens. Bake in oven for 40-45 minutes or until golden and juices run clear when the thickest part of the thigh is pierced with a skewer. Cover with foil. Set aside for 5 minutes to rest.
- Step 3Meanwhile, cook beans in a saucepan of boiling water for 3-4 minutes or until tender crisp. Refresh under cold running water. Drain. Transfer to a bowl. Add the spinach and toss to combine.
- Step 4Place the chickens, breast-side up, on a clean work surface. Cut the breast in half along the breastbone, then cut around the legs, between the thigh and the breast pieces. Arrange the chicken and lemon wedges on a serving platter. Serve with the spinach and bean salad.
- High protein
- Low carb
- Low sodium
- Low sugar
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Michelle Southan
- Image credit: William Meppem
- Publication: Australian Good Taste