- 1kg beetroot, peeled, chopped
- 1kg butternut pumpkin, peeled, chopped
- 1 large red onion, sliced
- 0.5 garlic bulb, halved (unpeeled)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 300g dried spiral pasta
- 120g fresh ricotta, crumbled
- 60g baby spinach
- Step 1Preheat oven to 220°C/200°C fan-forced. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper. Place beetroot on 1 prepared tray. Place pumpkin, onion and garlic on remaining prepared tray. Drizzle with half the oil. Toss to coat.
- Step 2Roast vegetables for 40 minutes or until tender.
- Step 3Meanwhile, cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water, following packet directions, until tender. Drain, reserving 2 tablespoons of cooking liquid. Return pasta and cooking liquid to pan.
- Step 4Squeeze garlic from skins. Discard skins. Add to pasta with pumpkin, onion, ricotta, spinach, beetroot and oil. Toss gently over low heat until combined. Season with salt and pepper. Serve.
- High fibre
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Emma Braz
- Image credit: Jeremy Simons & Andrew Young
- Publication: Super Food Ideas