- 400g tomato medley mix
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 sheets frozen shortcrust pastry, partially thawed
- 400g fresh ricotta
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup finely grated parmesan
- 2 tablespoons caramelised onion relish
- Step 1Preheat oven to 200°C/180°C fan-forced. Line a large baking tray with baking paper.
- Step 2Quarter large tomatoes and halve medium ones. Keep small tomatoes whole. Place tomatoes, cut-side up, on prepared tray. Sprinkle with thyme. Drizzle with oil. Season with salt and pepper. Roast for 12 to 15 minutes minutes or until just softened and lightly caramelised. Set aside to cool.
- Step 3Line base and side of a 2.5cm-deep, 11.5cm x 34cm (base), loose-based fluted tart pan with pastry. Trim excess. Refrigerate for 15 minutes. Place pan on a baking tray. Line pastry with baking paper. Fill with ceramic pie weights or uncooked rice. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove paper and weights or rice. Bake for a further 10 minutes or until light golden. Cool for 10 minutes.
- Step 4Reduce oven temperature to 180°C/160°C fan-forced. Place ricotta, eggs, basil and parmesan in a food processor. Process until well combined. Add onion and season with salt and pepper. Pulse until just combined. Spoon into pastry case. Arrange tomatoes on top. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes, covering with foil halfway through cooking, or until ricotta mixture has just set. Stand for 10 minutes then remove from pan. Serve warm or cold (see transport note).
- Low carb
- Low kilojoule
- Lower gi
To transport: Slide tart onto a serving tray. Wrap tray and tart in plastic wrap.
- Author: Claire Brookman
- Image credit: Craig Wall
- Publication: Super Food Ideas