- 4 (about 500g) beetroot bulbs, peeled, cut into wedges
- 2 (about 400g) fennel bulbs, trimmed, cut into wedges
- 2 (about 400g) parsnips, peeled, cut into batons
- 1 bunch baby (Dutch) carrots, trimmed, peeled
- Olive oil spray
- 1 tablespoon wholegrain mustard (see note)
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 75g baby rocket leaves
- 50g (1/3 cup) low-fat feta, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon pepitas (pumpkin seed kernels)
- Step 1Preheat oven to 200°C. Line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper. Place beetroot, fennel, parsnip and carrots, in a single layer, on tray. Spray with oil. Season with pepper. Bake for 30 minutes or until tender. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Step 2Meanwhile, combine the mustard, vinegar, honey and oil in a small bowl.
- Step 3Add the rocket and half the dressing to the vegetables. Gently toss to combine. Divide among serving plates. Top with feta and pepitas. Drizzle over the remaining dressing.
- High fibre
- Low fat
- Low kilojoule
- Lower gi
If you want this recipe to be gluten free, use a gluten-free mustard.
- Author: Chrissy Freer
- Image credit: Mark O'Meara
- Publication: Australian Good Taste