- 1775 kj Energy
- 21g Fat Total
- 4g Saturated Fat
- 10g Fibre
- 13g Protein
- 50g Carbs (total)
Roasted red capsicum & tomato soupPrint Recipe
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large brown onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 500g ripe tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 500ml (2 cups) Massel vegetable liquid stock
- 1 x 425g btl Always Fresh roasted red capsicums, drained, coarsely chopped
- 1 x 410g can tomato puree
- Fresh basil leaves, to serve
- Olive oil, extra, to serve
- Bought hummus, to serve
- 2 Turkish bread rolls, split, toasted, cut into 3cm-thick slices
- Step 1Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until soft. Add the garlic, cumin and cayenne pepper and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Step 2Add the tomato, stock, capsicum and tomato puree, and bring to the boil. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 8 minutes or until the tomato is tender.
- Step 3Pour the tomato mixture into the bowl of a food processor and process until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
- Step 4Ladle the soup among serving bowls. Top with the basil and drizzle over the extra oil. Spread hummus over the Turkish toasts and serve with the soup.
To freeze ahead: Set aside to cool at the end of step 3. Freeze in an airtight container for up to three months. Thaw in the fridge overnight. Reheat, stirring, in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Author: Heidi Flett
- Image credit: Chris Chen
- Publication: Australian Good Taste