- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- 4 small boneless skinless salmon fillets (see Notes)
- 1/4 cup hazelnuts, skinless
- 1 granny smith apple, unpeeled, cut into thin matchsticks
- 1/4 mini red cabbage, finely shredded
- 50g snow pea sprouts, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons fresh chives, chopped
- 1/3 cup fresh coriander leaves
- Crusty bread, to serve
- Step 1Preheat oven to 200C/180C fan-forced. Line a baking tray (with sides) with baking paper. Using the back of a knife, press garlic and fennel seeds on a chopping board to lightly crush. Place in a jug with 1/4 cup oil. Place lemon slices on prepared tray. Top with salmon. Drizzle with oil mixture. Turn to coat. Season with salt and pepper.
- Step 2Roast for 15 minutes or until salmon is golden and almost cooked through, basting with pan juices twice during cooking.
- Step 3Meanwhile, cook hazelnuts in a frying pan over medium-high heat until toasted. Transfer to a bowl. Add apple, cabbage and sprouts. Toss to combine.
- Step 4Place vinegar, mayonnaise, mustard, chives and remaining oil in a jug. Whisk with a fork to combine. Drizzle over salad. Season with salt and pepper. Toss to combine. Top with coriander. Serve salmon with salad and crusty bread.
- Low carb
- Lower gi
Use blue grenadier in place of the salmon and save $12.24 on the total recipe cost.
- Author: Kim Coverdale
- Image credit: Andrew Young
- Publication: Super Food Ideas