- 1 large red capsicum, halved, deseeded
- 7 eggs, lightly whisked
- 150g (1 cup) white long-grain rice
- 1 large zucchini, ends trimmed, coarsely grated
- 125g fetta, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh continental parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- Mixed salad leaves (optional), to serve
- Step 1Preheat oven to 200°C. Line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper. Place the capsicum, skin-side up, on the lined tray. Bake in oven for 25 minutes or until charred and blistered. Transfer to a sealable plastic bag. Set aside for 5 minutes (this helps lift the skin). Peel skin from capsicum and discard. Finely chop the flesh.
- Step 2Reduce oven temperature to 180°C. Line the base and sides of a 16 x 26cm slice pan with non-stick baking paper.
- Step 3Place the capsicum, egg, rice, zucchini, feta, parsley and basil in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Whisk until well combined. Pour into the lined pan.
- Step 4Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden and just set. Set aside in the pan for 10 minutes to cool slightly. Cut into squares. Serve with salad leaves, if desired.
- Low carb
- Low fat
- Low kilojoule
- Low sodium
- Low sugar
- Lower gi
Freezing tip: At the end of step 4, set aside to cool completely. Cut into squares. Wrap individually in 2 layers of plastic wrap. Place in an airtight container. Label, date and freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw overnight in the fridge.
- Author: Chrissy Freer
- Image credit: Rob Palmer & Mark O'Meara
- Publication: Australian Good Taste