Author Notes: Its a simple appetizer that doesn’t take a lot of time, you can even make the bell pepper topping in advance and store it in the fridge and just spread it over the crostini before serving. The roasted bell pepper gives it a nice and bold smoky flavor! I used bell pepper in three colors to make it look interesting and also I feel that the intensity of the peppers varies as per their color- so that kind of gives the flavor a subtle variation. —Pallavi Gupta
Bell Peppers (preferably in different colors)
tablespoons Olive Oil
salt and black pepper
- Wash, towel dry and coat the bell peppers with some oil and roast it on medium high till the skin turns black and the flesh gets tender.
- Chop the top off of the garlic head and place it on a piece of an aluminum foil…facing up. Pour some olive oil and sprinkle some salt on it. Close the foil tightly and place it on the grill plate along with the bell peppers.
- Everything will take approximately 30 mins to cook. Let it cool for 10 minutes.
- Take the skin out of the peppers and chop it into small pieces.
- In a separate bowl mix the garlic with some olive oil till it forms a paste/spread like consistency.
- Cut the baguette into bite size thickness and toast on a non stick pan.
For assembling the crostini-
1) you can spread the garlic on the toasted bread and spoon the pepper mixture (this will give a sweet roasted garlic flavor) and sprinkle some salt and pepper,
2) you can mix the garlic paste into the topping along with some salt and then spoon it on the toasted bread. Either way it tastes fresh and delicious!