- 600g chat potatoes, halved
- 4 medium red onions, quartered
- 1 bunch baby carrots, scrubbed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt & freshly ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, extra
- 2 x 6 cutlet racks of lamb
- 150g baby spinach leaves
- Step 1Preheat oven to 220°C. Line a large roasting pan with non-stick baking paper. Place the potatoes, onions, carrots and oil in a bowl. Season well with salt and pepper. Toss well to combine.
- Step 2Place the potatoes and onions in the roasting pan and reserve carrots. Cook for 25 minutes.
- Step 3Meanwhile, heat the remaining oil in an ovenproof baking dish over a mediumhigh heat. Season both sides of the lamb racks with salt and pepper. Add to the pan and cook for 4-5 minutes, turning occasionally, until well browned.
- Step 4Remove from heat. Place baby carrots around lamb and transfer to the oven.
- Step 5Cook lamb and carrots for 15-20 minutes, or until the lamb is just cooked and the vegetables are crisp, golden and tender. Transfer lamb to a plate, cover loosely with foil, and set aside for 10 minutes to rest.
- Step 6Steam or microwave spinach. Carve the lamb. Serve with the roasted vegetables and spinach.
- Low carb
- Low sodium
- Low sugar
- Lower gi
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Alison Roberts
- Image credit: John Paul Urizar
- Publication: Fresh Living