- 1 bunch baby (Dutch) carrots, trimmed, scrubbed
- 1 bunch baby beetroot, trimmed, scrubbed, halved
- 1 medium red onion, cut into thin wedges
- 300g orange sweet potato, cut into thin wedges
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 litre Massel vegetable liquid stock
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 1/2 cups arborio rice
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 20g butter, chopped
- 2/3 cup finely grated parmesan or vegetarian hard cheese
- Step 1Preheat oven to 200°C/180°C fan-forced. Place carrots, beetroot, onion and sweet potato on a large baking paper lined baking tray. Drizzle with half the oil. Season with salt and pepper. Bake for 35 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Step 2Meanwhile, place stock in a saucepan. Cover. Bring to the boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low. Simmer until needed.
- Step 3Heat remaining oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic and rice. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add wine. Bring to the boil. Boil for 1 minute or until wine is reduced by half.
- Step 4Add 1/3 cup stock to rice mixture. Cook, stirring, until stock has absorbed. Repeat with remaining stock, adding 1/3 cup at a time, until all liquid has absorbed and rice is tender and creamy. Remove from heat. Stir in butter and parmesan. Serve topped with roasted vegetables.
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Liz Macri
- Image credit: Craig Wall
- Publication: Super Food Ideas