- 2 cups Massel vegetable liquid stock
- 1 cup polenta
- 2/3 cup grated parmesan
- 400g kent pumpkin, unpeeled, cut into thin wedges
- 1 large red capsicum, roughly chopped
- 2 large zucchini, thickly sliced
- 6 portobello mushrooms, thickly sliced
- 1 large red onion, cut into thin wedges
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 1 small radicchio, trimmed, leaves separated
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Step 1Place stock and 500ml cold water in a large saucepan over medium heat. Bring to the boil. Gradually stir in polenta. Reduce heat to low. Cook, stirring, for 10 minutes or until polenta is thick. Stir in parmesan. Season. Spoon polenta into a baking paper-lined 20cm round cake pan. Smooth surface. Cover and refrigerate overnight or until set.
- Step 2Preheat oven to 200°C/180°C fan-forced. Line 3 large baking trays with baking paper. Combine pumpkin, capsicum, zucchini, mushrooms and onion in a large bowl. Add oil and paprika. Season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat. Divide vegetable mixture between 2 prepared baking trays. Roast for 25 to 30 minutes or until vegetables are golden and tender.
- Step 3Meanwhile, remove set polenta from pan. Cut into 8 wedges. Place on remaining prepared baking tray. Lightly spray with oil. Roast with vegetables for 35 minutes, turning once, or until golden and crisp.
- Step 4Arrange polenta on plates. Top with vegetables. Serve with radicchio and drizzle with vinegar.
Preparation time excludes overnight refrigeration.
- Author: Cathie Lonnie
- Image credit: Craig Wall & Andrew Young
- Publication: Super Food Ideas