- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard (see note)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh continental parsley
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 4 pork midloin chops
- 2 red apples, cored, cut into wedges
- 1 red onion, cut into thin wedges
- 8 fresh sage leaves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 475g ctn Mashed Potatoes
- Step 1Preheat oven to 220°C. Combine the mustard, parsley and sugar in a small bowl. Brush both sides of the pork with the mustard mixture. Season with salt and pepper.
- Step 2Place the pork in a large roasting pan. Arrange the apple, onion and sage around the pork in the pan. Drizzle over the oil. Roast for 20 minutes or until the pork is cooked through.
- Step 3Heat the mash following packet directions. Serve with the pork, onion and apple.
- Low carb
- Lower gi
For a gluten-free dish, use gluten-free mustard.
With a twist: Roast chicken with apple & onion: Replace the parsley with fresh thyme leaves. Replace the sugar with olive oil. Replace the pork with single chicken breast fillets. Roast pork with peaches: Replace the parsley with chopped fresh mint. Replace the apples with fresh yellow peaches, stones removed, cut into wedges.
- Author: Liz Macri
- Image credit: Steve Brown
- Publication: Australian Good Taste