- 2kg pork loin (with skin on), skin scored in a crisscross pattern
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, plus extra to drizzle
- 2 Granny Smith apples (skin on), cut into 1cm cubes
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon mild curry powder
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Roast potatoes, to serve
- Step 1Preheat oven to 200°C. Rub pork rind with a little oil, then rub with 1 heaped tablespoons salt. Place pork on a rack in a roasting pan and bake for 1 hour 40 minutes or until skin is crisp and the juices run clear. Rest the pork, loosely covered, for 15 minutes.
- Step 2Meanwhile, combine all the remaining ingredients in a bowl. Set the relish aside.
- Step 3Serve the pork with the apple relish, roast potatoes and a green salad.
- High protein
- Low carb
- Low kilojoule
- Low sodium
- Lower gi
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Valli Little
- Image credit: Mark Roper
- Publication: Taste.com.au