- 90g (1/3 cup) low-fat ricotta
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 (about 250g each) lamb mini roasts
- 50g baby spinach leaves
- Olive oil spray
- 2 bunches baby (Dutch) carrots, trimmed, peeled
- Zucchini, cut into batons, steamed, to serve
- Step 1Preheat oven to 200°C. Combine the ricotta, pine nuts, lemon rind and garlic in a bowl. Season with pepper. Use a sharp knife to cut a deep pocket along 1 side of 1 lamb roast (don’t cut all the way through). Stuff with half the ricotta mixture and half the spinach. Use a toothpick to secure. Repeat with the remaining lamb, ricotta mixture and spinach.
- Step 2Heat a large frying pan over high heat. Spray with oil. Cook the lamb for 1-2 minutes each side or until browned. Transfer to a roasting pan.
- Step 3Arrange the carrots around the lamb. Spray with oil. Season with pepper. Roast for 20-25 minutes for medium or until the lamb is cooked to your liking. Transfer the lamb to a plate. Cover with foil. Set aside for 5 minutes to rest. Roast carrots for a further 5 minutes or until tender.
- Step 4Thickly slice the lamb. Serve with the carrots and zucchini.
- High protein
- Low carb
- Low fat
- Low kilojoule
- Low sodium
- Low sugar
- Lower gi
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Chrissy Freer
- Image credit: Mark O'Meara
- Publication: Australian Good Taste