- 1/3 cup finely chopped dried apricots
- 1/3 cup finely chopped dried apple
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 40g butter
- 1 medium brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups fresh breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup pistachio kernels, toasted, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 1.4kg easy-carve lamb leg
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salad leaves, to serve
- Step 1Combine fruit and juice in a bowl. Set aside for 20 minutes. Preheat oven to 200°C/180°C fan-forced.
- Step 2Melt butter in a medium frying pan over medium heat. Add onion. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until soft. Stir in breadcrumbs, pistachio kernels and rosemary. Cook for 1 minute or until breadcrumbs are golden. Remove from heat. Stir in fruit mixture.
- Step 3Untie lamb. Unroll. Place lamb, skin-side down, on a board. Press pistachio mixture along centre of lamb. Roll up to enclose filling. Tie lamb at 4cm intervals with kitchen string to secure. Place lamb in a large baking dish. Rub with oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Step 4Roast for 1 hour for medium or until cooked to your liking. Remove from oven. Cover loosely with foil. Stand for 15 minutes. Thinly slice. Serve with salad leaves.
- High protein
- Low carb
- Low kilojoule
- Low sodium
- Low sugar
- Lower gi
You’ll need unwaxed kitchen string.
- Author: Cathie Lonnie
- Image credit: John Paul Urizar
- Publication: Super Food Ideas