- 1 barbecued chicken or roast chicken
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 35g packet chilli seasoning mix
- 425g can crushed tomatoes
- 400g can red kidney beans, drained, rinsed
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup coriander leaves
- 200g corn chips
- 1 1/2 cups grated tasty cheese
- 1 avocado, mashed, to serve
- sour cream, to serve
- Step 1Preheat oven to 180°C. Remove skin from chicken and discard. Remove chicken from bones and discard bones. Shred chicken. Set aside.
- Step 2Heat oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Add onion. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add chilli, tomatoes, beans and water. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer for 5 minutes, or until sauce thickens.
- Step 3Chop half the coriander. Add to tomato mixture with chicken. Cook for 3 minutes or until heated through.
- Step 4Layer corn chips and cheese in an ovenproof serving dish. Bake for 15 minutes or until chips are hot and cheese has melted.
- Step 5Remove corn chips from oven. Spoon chicken mixture over corn chips. Top with avocado and sour cream. Sprinkle with remaining coriander. Serve immediately.
- High fibre
- Low carb
- Low sugar
- Lower gi
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Alison Adams
- Image credit: Louise Lister
- Publication: Super Food Ideas