- 220g block Caramello chocolate
- 1 1/3 cups self-raising flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 125g butter, melted
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 3/4 cups boiling water
- Frozen raspberries, thawed,
- icing sugar Mixture
- Vanilla ice-cream, to serve
- Step 1Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan-forced. Grease a 3cm-deep, 19cm x 30cm (base) lamington pan. Place chocolate block in freezer for 20 minutes.
- Step 2Sift flour and 2 tablespoons cocoa into a bowl. Add caster sugar, butter and milk. Whisk until smooth and combined. Spread mixture into prepared pan. Break chocolate into squares. Press into flour mixture. Using a spatula, smooth mixture over the top. Place on a baking tray.
- Step 3Sprinkle brown sugar over mixture. Sift over remaining cocoa. Carefully pour boiling water, over the back of a large metal spoon, over mixture. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until top is just set. Stand for 5 minutes. Top with raspberries and icing sugar. Serve with ice-cream.
- High protein
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Kim Coverdale
- Image credit: Mark O'Meara
- Publication: Super Food Ideas