- 100g dried rice vermicelli noodles
- 1 large barbecue chicken
- 650g fresh pineapple, peeled, cored, diced
- 1 small iceberg lettuce, cored, thinly shredded
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves, shredded
- 3/4 cup Thai dressing (see notes)
- Extra mint leaves, to serve
- Step 1Place noodles in a heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water. Set aside for 10 minutes or until just softened. Drain.
- Step 2Meanwhile, remove and discard skin and bones from chicken. Shred chicken.
- Step 3Place noodles, chicken, pineapple, lettuce, mint and dressing in a large bowl. Using tongs, toss until well combined. Serve with extra mint leaves.
- High protein
- Low carb
- Low kilojoule
- Lower gi
Swap mango or papaya for the pineapple and add finely chopped cashews or macadamias for crunch.
Thai dressing is available from the Asian aisle of major supermarkets
You can make a quick Thai dressing by mixing 1 tablespoon each of fish sauce, sweet chilli sauce and lime juice.
- Author: Alison Adams
- Image credit: Andrew Young
- Publication: Super Food Ideas