- 1/3 cup medium grain rice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 medium leeks, halved, washed, thinly sliced
- 6 slices prosciutto, chopped
- 8 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup finely grated parmesan
- 100g mixed salad leaves
- Step 1Cook rice in a large saucepan of boiling water, following packet directions until tender. Drain. Allow to cool.
- Step 2Meanwhile, preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan-forced. Grease a 6cm-deep, 19cm (base) square cake pan. Line base and sides with baking paper, allowing paper to extend 2cm above edge of pan on all sides.
- Step 3Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add leek and prosciutto. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until leek has softened. Place leek mixture in a large heatproof bowl. Add eggs, rice and half the cheese. Stir to combine.
- Step 4Pour mixture into prepared pan. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden and set. Serve with salad leaves.
- Low carb
- Low kilojoule
- Low sugar
- Lower gi
Storage tip: Allow frittata to cool to room temperature and store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 days.
- Author: Liz Macri
- Image credit: Craig Wall
- Publication: Super Food Ideas