- 4 stalks (350g) rhubarb, trimmed, chopped
- 1/4 cup caster sugar
- 3/4 cup thickened cream
- 2 x 170g tubs blackcurrant and raspberry yoghurt
- 100g peanut brittle, finely chopped
- Step 1Combine rhubarb, sugar and 1/4 cup cold water in a saucepan over medium heat. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, covered, for 5 to 7 minutes or until tender. Cool.
- Step 2Using an electric mixer, beat cream until soft peaks form. Fold in yoghurt.
- Step 3Layer rhubarb mixture, yoghurt mixture and brittle in four 2 cup-capacity glasses, starting and finishing with rhubarb mixture and brittle. Refrigerate for 30 minutes for flavours to develop. Serve.
- High protein
- Low sodium
Variation: You could use toasted muesli instead of brittle.
- Author: Cathie Lonnie
- Image credit: John Paul Urizar
- Publication: Super Food Ideas