- 1 sweet potato, peeled, cut into matchsticks
- 2 large beetroot, peeled, cut into matchsticks
- 2 green apples, peeled, cut into matchsticks
- 6 large radish, trimmed, cut into matchsticks
- 235g (1 cup) bought aioli
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 baby cos lettuces, leaves separated
- 55g (1/2 cup) walnuts, toasted, coarsely chopped
- Step 1Place the sweet potato, beetroot, apple and radish in a large bowl.
- Step 2Whisk the aioli, lemon juice and mustard in a small bowl. Season. Add to the sweet potato mixture and gently toss to combine.
- Step 3Arrange the lettuce on a large platter. Spoon the sweet potato mixture among the lettuce leaves. Sprinkle with walnuts.
Serves 8 as a side.
To save time, grate the vegetables and apples with a food processor. The mixture will have a different texture, but it’s a great shortcut.
- Author: Michelle Noerianto
- Image credit: Jeremy Simons
- Publication: Australian Good Taste