- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 (125g each) beef fillet steaks
- 800g red rascal potatoes, scrubbed, cut into thin rounds
- olive oil cooking spray
- mixed salad leaves, to serve
- Step 1Place wine, rosemary, garlic and 2 teaspoons oil in a shallow glass or ceramic dish. Add steaks. Turn to coat. Set aside.
- Step 2Meanwhile, place potato and remaining oil in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Toss to combine.
- Step 3Spray a barbecue plate or chargrill with oil. Heat over medium-high heat. Cook potato for 4 to 5 minutes each side or until golden brown and tender. Transfer to a plate. Cover to keep warm. Cook steaks for 2 to 3 minutes each side for medium or until cooked to your liking.
- Step 4Serve steaks with potato and salad.
- High protein
- Low carb
- Low kilojoule
- Low sodium
- Low sugar
- Lower gi
((( Variation: ))) Honey and herb marinade: Combine 1 tablespoon honey, 2 teaspoons dried oregano, 1 tablespoon olive oil and 1 tablespoon grated lemon rind in a glass or ceramic dish. Add steaks. Toss to coat. Continue from step 2.
- Author: Alison Roberts
- Image credit: Ben Dearnley
- Publication: Super Food Ideas