- 4 red capsicum, quartered
- olive oil cooking spray
- 150g semi-dried tomatoes in brine, drained
- 1/4 cup almonds, skin on
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 20g pecorino cheese, grated
- 500g packet rigatoni pasta
- 1/3 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves, finely chopped
- Step 1Preheat grill on high heat. Place capsicum, skin-side up, on a grill tray. Spray with oil. Grill for 5 to 8 minutes or until skin is black and blistered. Transfer to a plastic bag. Twist top to seal and stand for 5 minutes.
- Step 2Peel and discard skin from capsicum. Place capsicum, tomatoes, almonds, garlic, cheese and 1/4 cup cold water in a food processor. Process until smooth. Add extra water if mixture is too thick.
- Step 3Meanwhile, cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling, salted water, following packet directions, until tender (approx 11 min).
- Step 4Drain pasta and return to pan. Add pesto and parsley. Toss over low heat until well combined. Season with salt and pepper. Serve.
- Heart friendly
- High carb
- Low fat
- Low kilojoule
- Low sodium
Note: You can make the pesto up to 2 days ahead. Store in an airtight container in the fridge. Cover with plastic wrap or olive oil.
- Author: Kerrie Butler
- Image credit: Louise Lister
- Publication: Super Food Ideas