- 1 1/2 cups jasmine rice
- 350g firm tofu
- 1 1/2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1 tablespoon red curry paste
- 400g can light coconut milk
- 125g baby corn, halved lengthways
- 200g sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 400g broccoli, cut into small florets
- 1 lime, quartered
- 1/3 cup coriander leaves
- Step 1Pour 3 cups water into a large saucepan. Bring to the boil over high heat. Wash rice until water runs clear. Stir rice into boiling water. Return to boil and cover. Reduce heat to very low and cook for 15 minutes. Remove from heat. Stand for 5 minutes.
- Step 2Meanwhile, slice tofu into 1cm-thick fingers. Pat dry with paper towel. Heat oil in a wok over medium-high heat. Cook tofu, in batches, for 5 minutes or until golden. Set aside.
- Step 3Reheat oil, add onion and stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add curry paste and stir-fry for 1 minute. Stir in coconut milk and bring to the boil. Add corn, sugar snap peas and broccoli. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Return tofu to heat through.
- Step 4Spoon rice into bowls. Top with curry. Squeeze lime juice over and sprinkle with coriander. Serve.
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Tracy Rutherford
- Image credit: Steve Brown
- Publication: Super Food Ideas