- 40g unsalted butter
- 1/2 large red cabbage, hard core removed, thinly sliced
- 125ml (1/2 cup) water
- 300ml pouring cream
- 2 tablespoons wholegrain mustard
- Step 1Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the cabbage and stir to coat.
- Step 2Add the water to the pan. Cover and cook for 25-30 minutes or until the cabbage is tender.
- Step 3Uncover and stir in the cream and mustard. Bring to a simmer. Cook, uncovered, stirring, for 5 minutes or until the sauce thickens. Season with salt and pepper to serve.
Time plan tip: Start this recipe 45 minutes before serving.
- Author: Leanne Kitchen
- Image credit: Mark O'Meara
- Publication: Australian Good Taste