- 500g butternut pumpkin
- 400g ricotta
- 1 egg yolk, beaten
- 1 cup grated parmesan
- 1/2 cup toasted pine nuts, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped mixed fresh herbs (basil, sage, thyme, etc) plus sage leaves, to garnish
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 600g fresh lasagne sheets
- 50g shaved parmesan, to serve
- Step 1Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Step 2Peel the pumpkin, scrape out the seeds and cut into 5cm cubes. Toss in 1 tablespoon olive oil, season, place on a baking tray and roast for 20-25 minutes until soft and lightly charred. Set aside to cool. When cool, roughly mash and add ricotta, egg yolk, pine nuts and parmesan . Add herbs, season with salt, pepper and nutmeg and stir to combine.
- Step 3Lay out pasta on a lightly floured surface, place heaped spoonfuls of pumpkin mixture in rows 5cm apart. The ravioli should be about a 5cm square. Brush around piles of filling with a little water. Top with another pasta sheet and press together around each mound of filling (expel all the air). Use a pastry cutter or sharp knife to cut out ravioli. Add to a pot of salted boiling water and cook for 3-4 minutes until they rise to the surface. Drain.
- Step 4Heat remaining oil in a frying pan. When hot, add the sage then quickly remove from heat. Serve ravioli with sage oil and shaved parmesan.
- Low carb
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Valli Little
- Image credit: Jason Capobianco
- Publication: Taste.com.au