- 625g fresh beef ravioli pasta
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 medium leek, trimmed, halved, washed, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 6 (175g) rashers middle bacon, trimmed, sliced
- 200g button mushrooms, sliced
- 300ml extra-light thickened cream
- Step 1Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling, salted water, following packet directions, until tender. Drain.
- Step 2Meanwhile, heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add leek and garlic. Cook, stirring, for 4 to 5 minutes or until leek has softened. Add bacon and mushroom. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until mushroom is tender. Add cream. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium. Simmer for 2 to 3 minutes or until cream has slightly thickened. Add ravioli. Cook, stirring, for 1 to 2 minutes or until heated through. Serve.
Super saver: Replace the ravioli with 375g dried penne pasta and save around $5.29 in total.
- Author: Emma Braz
- Image credit: Ben Dearnley
- Publication: Super Food Ideas