- 340g (2 1/4 cups) plain flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- Pinch of salt
- 155g (3/4 cup, firmly packed) caster sugar
- 250ml (1 cup) light olive oil
- 3 eggs, lightly whisked
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups mashed banana
- 1 1/4 cups fresh raspberries or frozen raspberries
- 3/4 cup shredded coconut
- Step 1Preheat oven to 180C. Spray a 7cm-deep, 10 x 20cm (base measurement) loaf pan with oil. Line base and sides with baking paper, allowing the sides to overhang.
- Step 2Sift the flour, cinnamon, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and salt into a large bowl. Stir in sugar. Make a well in the centre. Add oil, egg and vanilla. Stir until just combined. Stir in mashed banana until just combined.
- Step 3Stir 1 1/4 cups fresh or frozen raspberries and 1/2 cup shredded coconut into the banana bread mixture.
- Step 4Pour into the prepared pan. Smooth the surface. Top with another 1/4 cup shredded coconut. Bake for 1 1/2 hours or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Author: Alison Adams
- Image credit: Jeremy Simons
- Publication: Australian Good Taste