- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 cups fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves, roughly chopped
- 1/2 small red onion, finely chopped
- 2 large tomatoes, deseeded, chopped
- 400g can chickpeas, drained, rinsed
- 200g sliced rare roast beef
- Step 1Place lemon juice, oil and garlic in a screw-top jar. Season with salt and pepper. Secure lid. Shake to combine.
- Step 2Combine parsley, mint, onion, tomato and chickpeas in a bowl. Add lemon juice mixture. Toss to combine. Serve with beef.
- High protein
- Low carb
- Low fat
- Low kilojoule
- Low sodium
- Low sugar
- Lower gi
Budget tip: Use sliced leg ham instead of rare roast beef and save around $2.78 in total.
- Author: Claire Brookman
- Image credit: Amanda McLauchlan
- Publication: Super Food Ideas