- 1 cup (200g) white quinoa (see note)
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1/3 cup (80ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 long red chilli, seeds removed, finely chopped
- 4 chicken breasts (skin on)
- 1 zucchini, sliced lengthways into thin ribbons (a mandoline is ideal)
- 250g punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
- 100g feta, crumbled
- Step 1Place quinoa and 600ml water in a pan over medium heat and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 10 minutes or until quinoa is tender and the water is almost absorbed. Drain well and allow to cool.
- Step 2Meanwhile, place lemon zest, 2 tablespoons oil and half the chilli in a bowl. Add chicken, season and toss to coat. Place chicken in a pan over medium heat and cook, skin-side down, for 4-6 minutes until skin is golden and crisp. Turn, and cook for a further 6-8 minutes until cooked through. Rest, loosely covered with foil, for 2 minutes.
- Step 3Meanwhile, whisk the lemon juice with remaining chilli and 2 tablespoons oil. Season and set dressing aside. In a large bowl, combine the zucchini, tomatoes, feta and cooked quinoa. Pour over lemon dressing and toss to combine.
- Step 4Divide quinoa salad among plates. Slice the chicken breasts, then arrange on top of the quinoa salad and serve.
Quinoa is a great gluten-free option to add texture to summer salads.
Quinoa is from selected supermarkets and health food shops.
- Author: Jessica Brook
- Image credit: Ian Wallace
- Publication: Taste.com.au