- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large red onion, finely diced
- 500g beef mince
- 2 teaspoons Mexican seasoning (see note)
- 410g can Ardmona Rich & Thick Tomatoes & Paste
- 420g can red kidney beans, rinsed, drained
- 175g packet original corn chips
- 1/2 cup grated tasty cheese
- 2 medium tomatoes, to serve
- Diced guacamole (see note), to serve
- Sour cream, to serve
- Fresh coriander, to serve
- Step 1Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan-forced.
- Step 2Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add 3/4 of the onion. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until softened. Add mince. Cook, stirring with a wooden spoon to break up lumps, for 8 to 10 minutes or until browned all over. Add seasoning. Cook for 1 minute. Stir in canned tomato and beans. Reduce heat to low. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Step 3Arrange corn chips in a 6cm deep, 10-cup capacity round ovenproof dish. Spoon over mince mixture. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake for 10 minutes or until heated through and cheese has melted. Top nachos with tomato and remaining onion. Serve with guacamole, sour cream and coriander.
- Low carb
- Lower gi
Mexican spice mix: Combine 1/2 teaspoon chilli powder, 1 teaspoon ground coriander, 2 teaspoons ground cumin and 1 teaspoon dried oregano.
Guacamole: Whip up this easy version: Place 2 medium avocados, chopped, and 2 tablespoons of lime juice in a small bowl. Using a stick blender, blend until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
- Author: Kim Coverdale
- Image credit: Al Richardson
- Publication: Super Food Ideas