- 1/2 red onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1/2 red capsicum, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 chorizo, thinly sliced
- 80g (1/2 cup) frozen peas, thawed
- 500g marinara mix
- 1 1 /2 teaspoons paprika
- 190g pkt Continental Chicken Rice
- Step 1Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add chorizo and onion. Stir for 2-3 minutes or until light golden. Add capsicum and paprika. Stir for 1 minute or until aromatic.
- Step 2Stir in the rice and 410ml (1 2/3 cups) boiling water. Stir in the marinara mix. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Cook, covered, for 10 minutes or until rice is tender and seafood is just cooked.
- Step 3Stir in the peas. Rest for 5 minutes.
- Author: Kathy Knudsen
- Image credit: Jeremy Simons
- Publication: Australian Good Taste