- 2 tablespoons peanut oil or canola oil
- 600g pork stir-fry strips
- 1/4 cup (60ml) reduced-salt soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Chinese rice wine* (shaohsing)
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 large carrot, cut into thin matchsticks
- 1 red capsicum, thinly sliced
- 100g fresh shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 6 spring onions, thinly sliced on an angle, plus extra to serve
- 1/4 small Chinese cabbage (wombok), finely shredded (to give 3 cups)
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- Step 1Heat 2 teaspoons of peanut oil in a wok over high heat. Stir-fry half the pork for 1 minute or until browned. Transfer to a bowl. Repeat with another 2 teaspoons of peanut oil and the remaining pork. Add soy, wine and sauce to pork in the bowl.
- Step 2Heat remaining tablespoon of peanut oil over high heat. Stir-fry carrot, capsicum and shiitakes for 1 1/2 minutes. Add spring onion, cabbage and pork mixture and stirfry for 2 minutes or until liquid is almost evaporated and cabbage has just wilted. Remove from heat, stir in sesame oil and serve topped with extra spring onion.
- High protein
- Low carb
- Low kilojoule
- Lower gi
* Chinese rice wine is from Asian food shops, or substitute dry sherry.
- Author: Kate Tait
- Image credit: Steve Brown
- Publication: Taste.com.au